A beautiful, responsive blog and homepage theme with support for features like search, math typesetting, and RemarkJS presentations.
- Author: Baron Schwartz
- Minimum Hugo Version: 0.47
- GitHub Stars: 164
- Updated: 2022-03-22
- License: MIT
- Tags: Blog Newsletter
Story is a beautiful Hugo theme for showcasing your writing and presentations. There’s a robust demo site (which you can launch and browse with Hugo) where you can see its many features in action, and learn more about how to use them. Story is no longer actively maintained. The original author, Baron Schwartz, encourages forking.
Story is targeted to technical writers and speakers: people such as software engineers and open source developers, who want a website for their technical work, such as blogging about software engineering. It’s a great way to share your writing and speaking with the world.
It has a lot of features for people who invest effort in their websites and blogs!
- Beautiful, responsive typography for long-form content on screen and in print, including blogs, essays, and single pages.
- Support for RemarkJS slides.
- LaTeX math typesetting with KaTeX
- A built-in search page with LunrJS.
- Music notation typesetting with abcjs.
- Easy-to-use, backwards-compatible Markdown enhancements such as ways to control image behavior (size, float, etc) with CSS.
This is just a fraction of Story’s feature set, see the demo site for much more documentation and screenshots.