A Hugo theme focused on content, cleanliness, speed, responsiveness and privacy
- Author: Frieder Grießhammer
- Minimum Hugo Version: 0.60.0
- GitHub Stars: 46
- Updated: 2023-01-05
- License: MIT
- Tags: Blog Light Minimal Personal Responsive
A Hugo theme focused on content, cleanliness, speed, responsiveness and privacy.
Slick is a fork of Temple with many improvements.
Temple is a fork of Nofancy with many improvements.
Table of Contents
The main features of this theme include:
- Supports taxonomies of tags, categories and series with their own pages
- Pagination of content lists
- RSS Feed with complete entries
- Open Graph, Schema.org and Twitter Cards support
- Fully customizable menu entries in the header
- Footer with fully customizable links and RSS
- Customizable favicon (with correct mime type for png files) and ability to inject own css file
- Relies on chroma for syntax highlighting
- Not even one external request (privacy!) - Everything needed is part of this theme (Fonts, CSS, JS, …)
- 404 page with customizable text
Just download the theme or clone it into
cd themes && git clone https://github.com/spookey/slick.git
Then reference it in your
theme = "slick"
Or when building the site, pass it in to the CLI:
hugo -t slick
To setup the 404 page please read the instructions.
config file will hold all your options.
Please have a look into the subfolders of
_sites for working examples.
It is highly recommended to make some adjustments to the
footer menu (e.g. to link to your About page).
- Source Code Pro
- Source Sans Pro
- Source Serif Pro
- Tomorrow Theme as color scheme (Tomorrow Night for syntax highlighting)
Please Note: Files inside the static folder are only updated on tagged commits (releases).
Please have a look inside package.json for commands and tools required for building.
npm version to tag a commit.
Contributions are welcome.
If you are adding a feature, fork the repository, create a new branch for your feature and submit a PR. Please make sure to put documentation for your new feature:
- Place a comment about what your feature is doing above the code.
- If making additions that will affect the
configfile, make sure you update the config.toml and config.yaml below the
_sitesfolder as well as the CHANGELOG.md.
Submit a new issue with information about your issue and/or bug. If you have a solution, then submit a new PR with the guidelines posted above in the features section and link your issue to it using the keyword “closes”.
Licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE.