Write your resume in yaml. Simple, easy to use, single page, A4-sized Resume generator.
- Author: MERT BAKIR
- Minimum Hugo Version: 0.41.0
- GitHub Stars: 0
- Updated: 2022-04-10
- License: MIT
- Simple, easy to use, single or multi page, A4-sized Resume generator.
- Print friendly, just use your browser or save as PDF.
- Write your resume in yaml. All content stored in data files.
- Add/Remove sections order change section orders by editing
- Section names are configurable in
config.yaml. So, you can write in any language you want.
Here is a blog post about this project.
How To Use
- Create a hugo project.
- Go to themes folder.
- Clone this theme.
cd themes git clone https://gitlab.com/mertbakir/resume-a4.git
or add as a submodule
git submodule add https://gitlab.com/mertbakir/resume-a4.git themes/resume-a4
exampleSiteto the root directory of your hugo project.
config.yamland add your relevant information.
exampleSiteto the root directory of your hugo project. All you need is that folder.
- Create your resume in yaml files.
- You can add/remove sections.
- Add multiple pages as many as you like. (still, let’s not forget the aim here. a resume should be precise. I don’t think a recruiter will scroll down on it.)
- Order of the “features” are important in the config file.
\assets folder under the
exampleSite directory if you like to make simple modifications.
Set avatar link in
config.yaml, you may keep the image under
static folder. You can set it as
false if you don’t want to add a picture.
You can change
style of the
publications feature in the config file. There are options for APA and IEEE standards. Report me on gitlab or send a merge requests if standarts are erroneous. I’m no expert on citation standarts.
Print | Save As PDF
There is a snippet in the
exampleSite\assets\custom.scss file for printing the href attribute. It’s not included as default. Because “save as pdf” is way more common usage than a hard copy. Also, I wouldn’t prefer printing a long url on a hard copy.
If you don’t like the result of “save as pdf” in Mozilla Firefox, try Chrome or a Chromium-based browser. Probably, because Firefox doesn’t support this.
This project is open-sourced and licensed under the terms of the MIT license. I would be happy though, if you give attribution. <3
I’m open to suggestions and contributions.
My Work Flow
- Make changes.
resourcesfolder in main project.
- Build your hugo site using the theme.
resourcesfolder from main project to theme folder