Minimal, single page, smooth scrolling theme for Hugo.
A minimal, single page, smooth scrolling theme for Hugo.
Features: - Single scrolling home page - About section with profile photo - Contact section with option to show your local timezone - Optional Projects and Blog sections - Browser friendly CSS fade-in effect for some pizzaz - Smooth scroll-to-section navigation - Responsive and fast
Get the theme
From the root of your Hugo site:
$ cd themes $ git clone https://github.com/vickylaixy/hugo-theme-introduction.git introduction
Configure your site
From the exampleSite, copy
config.toml to the root folder of your Hugo site and change the fields as you like.
- Set your baseurl
- Set your full name and first name
- Set your introduction header height (use “medium”, “large”, or “fullheight”)
- Set your avatar image
- Set your timezone, if you choose to show it
- Choose whether or not to show the Blog and Projects sections, and configure them to your liking
- Input your social site urls and font-awesome icon names - use as many as you like
Create About and Contact pages
$ hugo new about.md $ hugo new contact.md
Then edit the markdown files with the content you’d like shown in your main page’s About and Contact sections.
Preview your site locally
Use Hugo’s built-in server to see your site in action as you make changes.
$ hugo -t introduction --watch serve
localhost:1313 in your browser to see a live preview of your site.
To create a new blog post, run:
$ hugo new blog/your-post.md
This theme is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.