Back to your Hugo site directory open the config.toml file and add or change the following line:
theme = "terrassa"
You can find an example of the final configuration here.
baseurl = "/"# The base URL of your Hugo sitetitle = "titlehere"# The title of your Hugo siteauthor = "authorhere"# The author namegoogleAnalytics = ""# Your Google Analytics tracking IDenableRobotsTXT = truelanguage = "en-US"paginate = 7# The numbers of posts per pagetheme = "terrassa"# Your Hugo theme
There’s a lot more information about the basic configuration of an Hugo site here.
Description, favicon and logo params
description = ""# Description for the meta description tagfavicon = ""# Relative URL for your faviconlogo = ""# Absolute URL for your logo
textColor = ""# Empty for default color
Call To Action
[params.cta] # Call To Action show = truecta = "Contact"# Text message of the CTAlink = "contact"# Relative URL
To add custom CSS you have to create a folder called assets in the root of your project. Then, create another folder called css inside assets. And finally, a file called custom.css inside css with your styles.
$ mkdir -p ./assets/css/
Terrassa includes three base archetypes:
* default: for content such as blogs posts.
* section: for the sections on your Home page.
* page: for pages like the About page.
So be careful. Creating a new site with Hugo also creates a default archetype that replaces the one provided by Terrassa.
Home and Single pages
To create your home page run the following command inside your Hugo site:
Some properties are used as follows:
* title: is the name that will be displayed in the menu. In the rest of the single pages the main title of the content.
* description: in the case of the home page the description is not shown. In the rest of the single pages it is shown as a subtitle.
* images: in the case of the home page the first image is used as the background image for the hero and to share on social networks (with Twitter Cards and Facebook Graph). In every other page or post is used only for share on social networks.
* weight: sets the order of the items in the menu.
Home page Sections
To create a new section in your Home page follow the next steps: