Mainroad is a responsive, clean and content-focused Hugo theme.
Adaptation has several changes:
- Include Hugo internal templates (Open Graph, Disqus, Google Analytics)
- New responsive menu without jQuery
- BEM-like class naming
- SVG icons instead of font icons
- Theme options are saved (Sidebar position, Author Box, Post Navigation) and available through config.toml file parameters
- Other small changes
- Desktop: IE9+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Mobile: Android browser (on Android 4.4+), Safari (on iOS 7+), Google Chrome, Opera mini
Other browsers (like Opera on Blink engine) are also supported, but not tested. Support for older versions of Internet Explorer (IE8 and below) ended.
In your Hugo site
themes directory, run:
$ git clone https://github.com/vimux/mainroad
config.toml in the base of the Hugo site and ensure the theme option is set to
theme = "mainroad"
For more information read the official setup guide of Hugo.
baseurl = "/" title = "Mainroad" languageCode = "en-us" paginate = "10" # Number of posts per page theme = "mainroad" disqusShortname = "" # Enable comments by entering your Disqus shortname googleAnalytics = "" # Enable Google Analytics by entering your tracking id [Author] name = "John Doe" bio = "John Doe's true identity is unknown. Maybe he is a successful blogger or writer. Nobody knows it." avatar = "img/avatar.png" [Params] subtitle = "Just another site" # Subtitle of your site description = " John Doe's Personal blog about everything" # Description of your site opengraph = true leftsidebar = false # Move sidebar to the left side if true authorbox = true post_navigation = true [Params.widgets] search = true # Enable "Search" widget recent_articles = true # Enable "Recent arcticles" widget categories = true # Enable "Categories" widget tags = true # Enable "Tags" widget tags_counter = false # Enable counter for each tag in "Tags" widget (disabled by default)
- Delete unused CSS
- No ID in CSS
- Responsive menu without jQuery
- Delete unused JS
- i18n support (Internationalization)
- Detailed documentation (?)
- Social media widget (?)
- Enhanced version of recent posts widget (?)
- Tabbed widget (?)
This theme is released under the GPLv2 license (inherited from the original MH Magazine lite WordPress theme).