Cocoa Enhanced is a clean, fast and responsive theme with cool typography.
You can use this theme either for your blog or your personal website. A demo is available here.
This is a fork from the original Cocoa theme, with some improvements.
Table of Contents
Simple but complete, here are the main features of this theme :
- Possibility to have sections with a header and a list of articles.
- Possibility to have single pages.
- Homepage with latest and best posts.
- Syntax highlighting with
- Progressive images.
- Twitter cards support.
- Disqus support.
The typography is what makes Cocoa-EH look cool, here are the fonts used :
- Nexa Bold for the blog name, a strong and opinionated font
- Raleway for the titles, light but clearly visible
- Merriweather for the text, an awesome sans serif font to read without difficulties
- Ubuntu Mono for the code
With gzip enabled, this theme takes less than 400ms to load entirely, and the content is readable at only 50ms. Also scores 99⁄100 on Pagespeed.
Differences from the original Cocoa
This theme is less minimalist than the original Cocoa, with some new features :
- Displays a logo on the side of the header, and there is a title different from the author name.
- Very modular with sections and single pages.
- Group articles by month and year.
- Progressive images.
- Fonts are different : stronger and sharper, with a clear identity.
- The font size in articles is higher, the text justified and lines are more spaced.
- More features.
From the root of your Hugo site, clone the theme into
themes/cocoa-eh by running:
git clone https://github.com/fuegowolf/cocoa-eh-hugo-theme.git themes/cocoa-eh
Then, generate your site’s files by running:
hugo -t cocoa-eh
If you want a simple blog you can just use the
exampleSite, however if you desire a more complex website you can build it with the wiki.
Pull requests, bug fixes, and new features are welcome!
- Fork the repository
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request on GitHub
Licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for more details.